Enlarged prostate affects men over 50, but sometimes it can happen even before that age. 90% of men over 80 years are affected, which is what makes enlarged prostate a common disease. Some men do not suffer from any symptoms while others feel affected by them. What exactly is enlarged prostate and what the diagnosis of enlarged prostate means for a man? How does an enlarged prostate affect man and what helps with enlarged prostate problems? Continue reading and find the answers.
Overview of the male anatomy
First of all, let’s start with a brief overview of what is prostate. The prostate is also commonly known as the prostate gland. It is located just below the bladder and in front of the colon.
It is the size of a walnut or chestnut and can be felt through the anus with a finger. Its main purpose is to produce fluid in the seed. Due to the location of the prostate, it is easy to understand why the prostate enlargement is so uncomfortable: it presses on the bladder and can compress the urethra.
The symptoms of enlarged prostate
Since the enlarged prostate takes up more space in the lower abdomen, it presses on the bladder and urethra once it grows to a certain size. Men notice enlarged prostate by the following symptoms:
- Frequent urination/small amounts of urine
- Urinary incontinence
- Unusual dripping after urination
- Painful urination
- The urine stream is significantly weaker than usual
- Interrupted urine stream
- Inflammation of the bladder: Sometimes the bladder is not emptied completely, and the remaining urine provides bacteria with an ideal fertile ground – it can result with bladder infections.
- Presence of nocturnia ( frequent urination at night) , which means that you have to interrupt your sleep more often than you are used to. Sooner or later, this will lead to making you feel tired the next day.
If you notice symptoms like this, you should see a doctor – there are usually elementary diagnoses without many examinations and simple prostate treatment options.
How prostate hyperplasia is diagnosed ?
The enlarged prostate can be recognized by simple palpation. During the urological check-up, the practitioner inserts a finger into the anus. The examination is very simple and informative, so it is worthwhile despite the temporary discomfort. Enlargements can easily be felt by the specialist. A rectal prostate ultrasound is also possible which gives even more exact results than pure palpation. The doctor can also differentiate whether an enlarged prostate is a side effect of some other prostate disease or is it the actual reason causing problems. For example, it can be measured whether residual urine remains in the bladder and causes inflammation. Besides, ultrasound can also be used to see whether the tissue is regular (homogeneous) or has other abnormalities despite the enlargement. Your doctor may also take blood from you to determine your PSA levels. This so-called prostate-specific antigen is an important indicator of whether the change in the prostate is benign or malignant.
Enlarged prostate causes are not always known
The enlargement of the prostate arises from an increase in number of prostate cells. But why exactly do the prostate cells multiply? So far, science has not been able to give a final answer to this question. Sometimes the reason for enlargement can be prostate cancer, but prostate cancer is never the reason behind Benign prostatic hyperplasia. Every man experiences hormonal fluctuations in the course of life. It is known that testosterone and other hormonal fluctuations play a role in developing enlarged prostate. Genetic causes are also common. If there are known cases in the family, especially with close relatives such as brothers or the father, the risk of suffering from an enlarged prostate is increased.
Frequency of prostate enlargement
The fact is that the prostate enlarges in adulthood and it is a completely natural process that affects every man. The enlargement begins at the age of 50 and then progresses at a different ratio. Prostate enlargement can affect men starting at the age of 40, so screening tests are recommended from the age of 45. There is no need to worry in many cases. Even if severe prostate disease is ruled out, prostate hyperplasia can become quite inconvinient. For example, if you have to urinate several times at night, it can have a major impact on sleep quality and reduce the quality of life. Often the psychological factor also plays an important role: not beeing able to hold on without frequent toilet visits can lead to frustration and depresion.
Is the enlarged prostate dangerous?
Many men think of cancer at first and get scared. Despite the low lethality, prostate cancer is one of the most common malignant diseases in men. However, benign prostatic hyperplasia should be differentiated – it is benign and has nothing to do with cancer. The prostate enlargement has no medical significance until it causes displeasing symptoms, as long as the prostate is bigger than normal, but the man doesn’t feel anything, no treatment at the doctor’s is necessary (just more check ups). If an enlarged prostate is diagnosed without the affected man noticing symptoms of prostate enlargement, then there is no need to worry. However, many questions are brought up: How can you treat an enlarged prostate? Can we prevent the growth of the prostate gland?
What to do about enlarged prostate?
An enlarged prostate can be treated with medication and surgery, using various techniques. With no complaints at all and if benevolence is assured, no enlarged prostate treatment is necessary. Even with mild symptoms, you don’t have to shoot cannons at sparrows. There are easy and natural enlarged prostate treatment options – usually without side effects – that can be used effectively. One of these products is Regen50 from Nutrilago. The product is purely natural and contains extracts from pumpkin seeds, African plums, and sabal palms. Studies have shown that these substances have a positive effect on benign prostate enlargement. They contribute to the regeneration of the prostate and urinary system. The product can be taken permanently and without side effects.
How can Regen50 help against an enlarged prostate?
There are many prostate supplements. REGEN50 is one of them and, due to the high quality and effective amount of ingredients, it has shown a great impact on easing the symptoms of an enlarged prostate:
- The extract of the Sabal palm helps with frequent night urination and acts as an inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase, which reduces the production of DHT (the active form of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone – primary stimulator of the prostate enlargement) and prevents it from binding to the prostate.
- Pumpkin seeds extract have been used for centuries to treat and prevent bladder infections and has shown great effectiveness.
- Nettle root extract not only works against benign prostatic hyperplasia but also has anti-inflammatory properties and relieves irritation and inflammation of the urinary tract. It also helps to “flush out” the urinary tract.
- Pygeum extract is know for its is antibacterial and antifungal properties, which makes the ingredient an effective helper against bladder infections.
- Magnesium relaxes the muscles including the bladder muscles and weakens the need for frequent urinating. Magnesium can alleviate bladder and urinary problems and improve symptoms such as tiredness and depression.
- Vitamins C, E, and B6 have a positive effect on the immune system and have an antioxidant and antibacterial effect.
REGEN50 and REGEN50 STRONG are high-quality products made in Germany. Their unique formula containing right and effective ratio is based on numerous studies that have confirmed the effectiveness of the natural ingredients from which they are made.
It’s a formula containing high-quality extraction and ingredients proven as very effective when dealing with symptoms of an enlarged prostate. REGEN50 products act on the actual cause of the disease and are also recommended as a preventive measure.
Easy Purchase & Safe Payment
Easy Order, Discreet Purchase and Safe Payment. 〉 More...
Free and Discreet Delivery
Delivery is free of charge for all orders over 65,00 GBP. All products are discreetly packaged. 〉 More...